If you’re looking for a way to spice up your sequences that this is the module for you. The CGS06 Burst Generator from Cat Girl Synthesizers will provide the extra pulses you need!
This module is a rhythm and timing accessory. It generates a burst of gate or trigger pulses at various speeds as set from a front panel control.
At higher speeds it can be used for washboard, maracas or similar rapid-burst percussive effects when connected to the appropriate sound generating device such as a ringing oscillator.
At lower speeds it can be used to step a sequencer a certain number of steps or retrigger an envelope shaper. The output pulses are quite narrow when the specified component values are used, and would best be described as trigger pulses in synths that distinguish gates from triggers. Our build of this module includes a Pulse Width adjustment knob for subtle changes to the output.
Here is a summary of the Inputs, Outputs and Controls;
- External Clock – Normalized to the internal clock, but can be overridden by plugging in an external signal. Waveshape is not critical, as long as the waveform passes the trigger point.
- Trigger – Input for the external signal needed to start the event. Waveshape is not critical, as long as the waveform passes the trigger point.
- Pulses – Output for the burst event.
- Trigger Out – Output for the trigger signal derived from the Trigger input.
- Event Duration – Output. Goes high for the duration of the event. i.e. for the period the Pulses output is active
- End Out Output – Goes high when the burst event is over. This can be used to trigger another module if you wish to cascade them.
- Clock Speed – The rate at which the internal clock runs.
- Range – High and low range for the internal clock.
- Pulses – Select between 1 and 9 pulses per event.
- Width – Adjust Pulse Width
- Retrigger – When the switch is closed, the unit cannot be retriggered during an event.
The CGS06 Burst Generator comes in a 1U width form factor.
The module operates at +/- 15V and comes with a MOTM style power connector. Included is an MOTM to Synthesizers.com power connector adapter.
- Level 1: $250
- Level 2: $240
- Level 3: $230